Chapter 13 (BTS part 2 )

 

Chapter 13: Behind the Scenes (BTS) - Part 2

Fast forward four years from the time I stopped writing poems. During those years, I occasionally wrote down my thoughts, but not in the form of poetry. A lot happened during that time, but that’s another story for another day. By now, my Bachelor’s degree in Applied Arts (or graphic design, as you might call it) was nearly coming to an end. With less than half a year left, I realized that although I was graduating, I wasn’t satisfied with my education.

It might surprise you, but I had no knowledge of graphic design when I first started my degree. It was only as the years passed that I slowly began to learn about this field. As my graduation drew near, I was worried about my career prospects. I felt unprepared for the industry and lacked the confidence to land a decent job.

I spoke with my mom and decided to prepare for a master’s degree. This was in between 2021, just after the COVID pandemic had subsided, and I was confused about my next steps. I searched for coaching classes for design college entrance exams and finally joined one, despite the high fees. The coaching was a mix of offline and online sessions. While I was happy to be learning, I was also scared.

I learned the basics, like perspective drawing, but that’s a story for another time. During my preparation, I had an accident, which left me on complete bed rest. I had no choice but to continue preparing for the entrance exams from my bed, attending online classes, and learning from YouTube. It was a stressful time, and I began feeling isolated and depressed.

In search of some companionship, I started looking for friends online. I didn’t have any friends—never had, not even one. I was 20-21 years old at the time, and in my loneliness, I downloaded some dating apps. But after using them for a few days, I became frustrated with the kind of people I encountered and deleted all the apps.

Then, one day on Snapchat, something unexpected happened. I received a friend request. Now, I didn’t use Snapchat regularly; I had only downloaded it to use its camera. I wasn’t even aware that people could send friend requests on there. And this request wasn’t from someone in my country—it was from a guy in Germany. He was around my age, just a year older.

That’s where this heartbreaking love story begins. We started talking—texting day and night. As introverts, we connected deeply through our conversations. Over time, he started liking me, and a few months later, I began to develop feelings for him as well. I can’t go into too much detail here, as it would be too lengthy, but suffice it to say, that this relationship profoundly impacted me.

I began writing my thoughts and emotions for him in the notes app on my phone. These notes eventually turned into poems. Some of these poems are in the last few pages of my book, "Echoes of Soul: Poems of Reflection and Resilience." The poems in this book cover various stages of my life, from childhood to adulthood. They are a reflection of my real feelings and experiences.

If you want to dive deeper into these emotions and experiences, I invite you to read my book. You’ll find love, pain, and much more woven into the verses. "Echoes of Soul" is available on Google Play Books in over 60 countries and on Amazon in 10+ countries. For Indian readers, it’s accessible through the Google Play Books app. Please give it a read and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.

Thank you for joining me on this journey. Your support means the world to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9 All about VID (visual interface design)

CHAPTER 10 Learnings

chapter 11 Dropout